Saturday, August 22, 2015

Nachos

When I buy ingredients for something, I end up with enough for several meals, since I'm just feeding myself. This was the case with the quesadilla toppings. So, I decided to do something different with them, and make some nachos instead, along with a pretty mediocre makeshift guacamole.

What do you need?

The ingredients here are the same as those for the quesadillas, but with a few additions, like an oven.

What should you do?

The first step will be to make some chips. You probably don't want to use soft tortilla pieces as nacho chips. So, chop up a tortilla or two, into triangles, or something resembling whatever chip shape you want. Lay them out on a baking sheet, and season them however you'd like. I used a bit of olive oil and salt. Then, pop them in the oven (375F for 5-7 minutes) until they're perfectly crispy!





Sometimes when you attempt to make triangles, you get diamonds and butterflies, but that's okay!







While the chips are in the oven, chop up whatever nacho toppings you prefer, and make some guacamole too, if you'd like. You may be wondering what I meant when I said I made a mediocre makeshift guac. Well, it's time to find out.


Ingredients:
Avocado
Drained chunks from salsa
Red onion
Fresh lime juice
Salt
Garlic powder

Chop, mash and mix everything together, and voila! I've made much better guac before, but in an unplanned pinch, this worked well enough.


Once your chips are done, assemble your nachos with whatever toppings you'd like. To ensure melty gooey cheese, I warmed the veggies and chicken on the stove first, then put everything together, popped the plate (on a baking sheet) in the oven for a few minutes to finish melting, then added the guac and sour cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment