Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sweet Cinnamon Royal Icing

I've been looking for an egg free royal icing recipe to use with baked goods. I finally found one that, while it isn't perfect, still pairs well with many different flavors.

What Do You Need?

  • 1/4 cup of warm water
  • 1 tbsp light corn syrup
  • 1/4 tsp lemon extract
  • 3 cups confectioners sugar
  • cinnamon






What Should You Do?

This is super easy. Mix the warm water, corn syrup, lemon extract and cinnamon (as much as you want for taste) until all are well blended. Then, add the confectioners sugar. If you don't want to make your arm tired whipping this together, use a mixer on a low speed setting to blend until smooth. I used a fork and just whipped it like I would if I was beating eggs.



Once it is blended smooth, it is ready to put on whatever you'd like. It will harden, so make sure to keep mixing it as you use it. I put it on top of banana cookies, pictured below. The recipe for those can be found here.




No comments:

Post a Comment